Theory of Principles of Gestalt Psychological Theories of Perception: It becomes apparent that the laws of Gestalt theories of perception guide this approach with knowing that perception is an active process.
- We create figures and backgrounds spontaneously and naturally (figure/ground).
- We show a natural tendency to complete wholes and effect the closure of “open” or unfinished parts of wholes (closure).
- There is a tendency to be aware of certain patterns (laws of similarity and proximity)
- There is a further tendency to reduce configurations to simple forms (“good” forms, the law of Prägnanz).
- Our perception is influenced by actual needs, wants, desires, experiences, and individual personalities.
- Actively organizing forces are present in meaningful wholes (Rhyne, 1973b, p. 8ff.).
The crucial aspect of the therapist’s task in the Gestalt art experience is her or his skill in transferring the insights and realizations of the entire process into the way one structures and experiences one’s life and relationships.
This course designed for professional working in the mental health field, social workers, nurses, Psychologist, counselors in general and it is not open for public. This course designed based on Gestalt Methodology. Student (s) are responsible for providing materials to oneself. This intensive course contained of three levels of, basic, intermediate, and advance in total of one hundred and twenty hours.
40 hours of training for each level.
Note: Art therapy is as an alternative tool and approach for mental health condition. Individual who is under medical treatment must incorporate art therapy approach into medical treatment.
Tools for training:
- Pencil, Color pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, pastels, and sketch Paper
- 10 hours of supervised work (Requirement).
- 15 hours of of personal growth work in each level.
- In person setting training hours can schedule accordingly to the trainee’s and trainer’s agreement.
Art Therapy Training
Private training is available.
In group setting training will take place every weekend:
Saturday 9:30am to 7:30pm
Sunday 9:30am to 7:30pm
Registration fee for each level is $1800 plus tax.